The South Oakland Ducks of the North Side (6-6) lost 7-5 to the South Hills Devils (5-6) Saturday at Herschel Field. Ducks pitchers walked eleven batters over six innings and the Devils had a few timely hits.
Trailing 4-0 going into the third, South Oakland rallied and brought the score to 4-3 when Strom singled in a run and Gwin scored on an error and TJ Morgan doubled.
Gwin was later caught in a rundown and picked off trying to steal second.
The Devils added a run in the bottom of the inning, and two more insurance runs in the fifth.
In the top of the sixth, Jimmy Moore drove in a run with a solid hit-by-pitch and McCray added a sac fly to close the gap to 7-5. Moore pitched the bottom of the sixth, struck out 2 and kept the devils off the board.
South Hills held off a late South Oakland rally, and the Ducks left the tying run on second base in the top of the seventh.
- This was a tough one to lose, but we played them tough without our entire starting infield.
- It was good to have Limbach back.
- The ump had a small zone and we weren’t as patient as we could have been in some cases. Strom got squeezed but we didn’t make their guy work as hard as we could have.
- We are still right in the thick of it, at 6-6 and only 1.5 games back.
- Big game against the Eagles (7-5), Wednesday night 9PM at Springview Field.