Everyone register on the league site if you haven’t yet.
The league meetings have come and gone. We didn’t draft anyone for the first time in a while. Our roster is pretty set. As always, we will need a few pitchers to step up if we’re going to win a title. Hopefully that happens. Our lineup is solid. We should put up runs. Theoretically, we have the arms to win the division. It so often happens that the roster moves I try to make, are enough to win the year before but other teams do more, and then we have some bad luck and finish 3rd again. So who knows. I haven’t been this excited for a season since 2009.
We will split our home games between Spring Hill and West Field on Wednesday nights, except for 4th of July week which will probably be a Monday night home game. The first couple weeks of the schedule should be up in the next day or so, with the full schedule set to be released in a week.
AA has been the most competitive division top to bottom since the split, and I don’t see that changing. It’s fun. There are probably 6 teams with a legit shot this year.
I’ve ben thinking about how great it is that this league still has a few teams with shitty fans and angry non-player coaches, and how much more fun that makes the season. It’d get boring if we just played teams like Cranberry a bunch of times. The personalities make it fun. We need villains. The commissioner might not agree with me on this point.
- The Devils are probably the early favorite
- Cranberry is my sleeper pick. I bet they win 15 games this year.
- The Oilers are still in AA, and might finish below .500 for the first time in a while. Classic letdown season after a title. That said, they’re probably flying in prospects as I write this.
- Bandidos, Eagles, Grizzlies will all be tough
- West View is going to field a team again after folding before last year’s playoffs. They should just merge with Sheraden.
- The Warriors went back to Single A, and took their 6pm time slot with them.
- RIP Express. Good luck in the DNL?
- I’ll miss playing at Volunteer. We had a bunch of good games there, and I liked hitting in that park. Half that team were great guys.