South Oakland (0-1) dropped their opener 9-7 to the South Side Eagles (1-1) last night at Springview Field.
The Ducks allowed 5 unearned runs in the first three innings. The Ducks trailed 5-0 going into the fourth before scoring 4 on a bases loaded walk by Lombardi and a two-out three run triple by Clark.
South Oakland rallied and took a 7-6 on a John Zuzak single, and lead in the bottom of the seventh. But again the team committed costly errors, and there were also some walks. Our reliever almost worked out of a bases loaded no-out jam, but a double play ball with one out was misplayed that could have ended the game and then there was a viscous hop on a grounder to first that scored two runs, and hit our first baseman in the neck, I think.
- Good fight after going down early
- We looked like a team that took a lot of BP this winter
- Pitching was good overall, especially Randy
- We should rake the field I guess before our next home game
- We made an incredible number of errors with two outs
- Good to have the pressure of going undefeated off our backs
- Don’t want to peak too early
- Great base running tonight
- We will get back at it Saturday in Shaler vs West View
- Thanks to all the fans who came out. That was the most people we’ve had in attendance probably ever