Three South Oakland pitchers combined to one-hit the Wolfpack for the Ducks first shutout since 2014. Ducks starter, Randy Patton (W, 2-0) went four, working out of a bases loaded jam in the third; Blaise Smily faced the minimum over two innings, and James Fago pitched the seventh. Patton and Smiley each picked off a runner at first.
The Ducks scored four runs in the first on two bases-loaded walks, and a blistering single to left by Colton Fago.
Mike Brandt singled home two runs in the fourth, and Maldonado drove in a run with a sac fly in the sixth.
South Oakland improves to 2-1 on the season; the Wolfpack drop to 0-2.
- Casale had a double
- Zuzak extended his three-game hitting streak
- C. Fago was hit by a pitch and scored. He now leads the team in hbp (2)
- I can’t look up the exact date of our last shutout because the league site is trashed and the hosts lost our records in an attempted migration.
- Thankfully, I saved our all time stats last season
- Here’s the temporary Ducks page until the league office gets everything figured out
South Oakland plays next vs the Devils, Sunday, 8:30pm at Herschel Park