South Oakland swept the season series with the Devils behind Mullen’s two-run triple last night in Munhall.
The Ducks scored in the first on Derek Clark’s RBI single, and then Matt Mullen followed singles by Sorosky and Morgan with a triple to right. Matt Muslin singled home Mullen two batters later to give the Ducks a four run lead they wouldn’t relinquish.
Randy Patton (W,4-2) scattered six hits through five innings, allowing one run before the bullpen took over and held off a late Devils rally. Patton also picked off a runner at first.
- The Ducks made two errors in the game, but both were followed by inning ending double plays
- South Oakland turned a 5-2-3 double play to get out of a jam, and then in the third, a 6-3 double play to get out of a first and third situation
- Tom Pulice picked off a runner at third
- Several good plays by Maldonado at second who left with a lower body injury in the sixth
- Sorosky is five for his last five, and probably leads the team in avg. now
- Big win to get the tie breaker with South Hills
South Oakland’s next game is Sunday 8pm vs West View until we hear otherwise.