South Oakland abolished the filibuster, and held off a late obstructionist push by the Senators, winning a 6-4 thriller in extras yesterday in Homestead.
Ducks starter Randy Patton left with a 3-2 lead in the fifth. The Senators tied the game in the fifth and the seventh, but could not take the lead. The Ducks went ahead for good on a two-out, two run single by Gwin in the ninth. Brandon Blackstone got the win in relief, and recorded his first hit as a Duck.
- Cody Quinn, TJ Morgan, Mike Brandt, and Kenny Rayl hit doubles.
- Morgan is gunning for another batting title.
- We were short handed, but our pitching staff did a great job.
- The bullpen not only pitched well, but took advantage of getting some rare at bats.
- I may be getting the innings wrong. It was hot. The Senators battled.
- We really need guys to show up this week vs D2. These two games are huge. They are right in front of us in the standings.
The Ducks next game is Tuesday vs D2. 8:30pm at Herschel Park