K. GIBSON: 2 for 3, 2B, 3 rbi, fundamentally dominant play at 1B
Adam Smith (2-0) scattered 8 hits and 3 walks around 9 strike outs as he allowed 2 runs over seven innings to record a complete game victory, and lead the South Oakland Ducks of the North Side (5-0) to victory over the Peaceful Easy Feelings (2-2).
The Heartache Tonight’s jumped out to an early 2-0 lead thanks to a walk a triple and a single in the top of the second.
A key double play was turned by third-baseman, MVP candidate, Jesse Smith, and McWatson with no out and runners on first and second.
The Desperadoes could not capitalize on their early momentum.
Screamin’ Eagles coach, Craig T. Nelson was thrilled with the early lead.
The 2-0 deficit was the first time the Ducks trailed this season.
South Oakland responded.
Novak walked, and Kirk Gibson stepped to the plate,
Gibson doubled to right, Novak scored.
The Ducks would add another run in the third when Gwin and J.Smith both walked, and Darren Daulton, playing in his second game as a Duck, singled home Gwin.
the former Phillie had a huge game.
2 for 3, 2B, 2 RBI
The score remained tied 2-2 until the bottom of the fourth, when the You Can’t Hide Your Lyin’ Eyes’ pitcher, and NORML supporter, Slater’s high wore off, and he gave up five runs before Craig T. Nelson gave him the hook in favor of Bobby Hoying.
The rally very well may have started with Spags and Kolaja walking, then Gwin singling them both in two to take a 7-5 lead over the Confederacy in RBI. Jesse Smith then hit the fence in center, and slid in for a triple just like an MVP would. Daulton doubled in Smith, and Gibson singled him home. Novak added a double of his own, and scored on a Watson single.
Holmes and Watson form an elite double play combo.
The Witchay Women brought in a reliver and the Ducks scored two more runs, both charged to Slater.
Adam Smith finished strong striking out two batters in the top of the seventh.
If I used the scorebook for these recaps, I’d know more.
Feel free to correct me in the comments.
Haters, chime in please, don’t just call me names on the main website write-in ballot.
I’ve been called worse by better.
I’m off to sleep in the right center gap at Spring Hill tonight so I’ll be ready to get my five hour pre-game routine in tomorrow.
The Ducks have the best record in the league.
- Five and
- Best start in team history by a million miles, figures everyone makes the playoffs this year.
- Jones manages to get everyone at least an at-bat every game, and still win.
- Trap game against the Gray Bats tomorrow night, before a six day lay-off prior to a double header against the Owlz.
- Adam Smith leads the team in K’s, our team ERA is under 3.
- Get your notebooks ready.
- Kirk loves hitting at Pie Traynor
- Jesse Smith’s OPS is 1.380
- Former team MVP, A.Smith is having his best year since 2007 and leads the team in K’s.
- The Rebels are 0-3.
- The Owlz open the season against the Hotel California’s on Wednsday. How good are they?
- Mantis and Dr. Jones tomorrow.
- To be 6-0 heading into the Owlz double header is huge, they are going to pose a formidable challenge.
- Haters, so many haters.
- We’d have hit 4 hrs today on a NORML field.
- Legalize it.
- The Gray Bats have been hard at work making excuses for their poor start, lets give them something more to complain about tomorrow.
- I’d like to welcome rolandthompsongunner and kirk gibson to the blogging staff, and for reminding me of the weird ass youtube roots of this blog.