The South Oakland Ducks of the North Side (6-6) got back to .500 on the season against a tough South Side Eagles (4-5) team, winning by a score of 6-3 in Spring Hill last night.
The Ducks lead 2-1 going into the bottom of the fifth. Dover doubled to start the inning, advanced to third on a wild pitch and Toumisto drove him in with a groundout to the right side. Five batters later, Tony Casale singled with the bases loaded, followed by Ben Sorosky’s clutch pinch-hit single to right to cap off the four-run inning.
The Eagles scored two in the top of the seventh, but the rally fell short.
Randy Patton (W, 3-3) pitched six strong innings, allowing only 2 hits and 3 walks along with 2 Ks. Andy Nichols recorded the save (2).
South Oakland’s next game is Saturday at 2pm vs. 1st place Sheraden Jays.
- We had the ump with the small strike zone, and there were a few questionable calls
- I think the Eagles were short guys?
- This is the first season sweep of the Eagles since 2010
- If we beat the Jays Saturday, we will sweep all other bird teams
- We jumped from 9th to a 5th place with the win